Issues with creating a unique Bird Buddy account
There are a few possible reasons for receiving an error message when trying to create an account in the Bird Buddy app:
- The email you are trying to create the account with is already registered and in use. If you forgot your password, go back to the initial screen and click on ‘Sign in’ and then ‘Forgot password. Enter your email address there and we will email you a link to reset your password.
- You might experience sign-up blocking if you tried to create a new account a couple of times in a row. Please wait and try again a bit later.
- You might be trying to enter an invalid email address: double-check it to make sure there are no spaces or unsupported characters.
- Perhaps you downloaded an older version of the app and never updated it. Go to your app store and make sure you are using the latest version.
- We could be experiencing some server issues on our end. Please wait and try again later.
Issues with creating a third-party login account
- If you're creating an account with a 3rd party account such as Google, Facebook or Apple ID, you might be using the same email that is linked to an existing Bird Buddy profile. In this case, you will be asked to merge profiles.
If you're trying to create an account with a third-party login and the app returns an error (Yikes, something's wrong!) we suggest the following:
- Try again later (the third-party service could be temporarily unavailable).
- Try an alternative third-party service (If you're unable to make an account with Facebook, try Google, for example.)
- If this doesn't work, we suggest you create a unique account instead.