To create your Bird Buddy account you first have to download the Bird Buddy app from the app store suitable for your mobile device. By far the easiest way to get the app is to simply scan the QR code on your Bird Buddy box with your mobile device. You will be redirected to the suitable download from there.
Once the app is successfully downloaded and installed on your device, you can sign up for a unique Bird Buddy account. All you have to do is enter your preferred username and email address and select a password.
You can also sign up with your existing Facebook or Google account (Android and iOS devices) or Apple ID (iOS devices only). You can read more about these options below.
After you’ve created the account, you will begin the pairing process with the camera module, which will ensure that you’re the only person with access to your particular Bird Buddy.
- If you want to create a unique Bird Buddy account, tap “Sign up”.
- Choose your username, enter your email and create a secure password. Your password should have at least 6 characters.
- Make sure all your information is correct.
- You’re almost there! You can now tap “Sign up” at the bottom of your screen.
- You’ll be sent an automatic email asking you to confirm your email address. Click on the provided link to verify your email address.
Success! You’ve created your account. You can now pair the account to your Bird Buddy feeder.
Signing up with a 3rd party service
You can also sign up with your existing Facebook or Google account (Android and iOS devices) or Apple ID (iOS devices only). While the option for third-party sign up is not available for HarmonyOS devices, it works on Huawei devices that still run on Android.
- To sign up with a third-party account, simply select one of the options under “Continue with.” It might take a moment for your external account to connect to the Bird Buddy app. If you're having issues, reach out to email@example.com or try a different method.
- If everything goes through, you’re almost done! The only thing now is to select a username that will be visible when you share photos of your visitors.
- Once you’ve selected your username, you will be sent a confirmation email. Click on the link we’ve sent you to verify your email.
Success! You’ve created your account. You can now pair the app to your Bird Buddy feeder.
Once you’ve signed up, you can sign in whenever you want. Make sure you’re using the same method you used when you signed up.
Having trouble signing in?
- Forgot your password? Check out this article on how to change it.
- Forgot your email address? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or open a support ticket here.