Bird Buddy now has the ability to record sound with the videos taken by the camera module. This provides a more immersive experience, allowing users to not only watch but also listen to the beautiful sounds of their backyard visitors.
Before you can utilize the sound recording feature, there are a couple of requirements to ensure your device and app are up to date:
1. Latest App Version: Ensure that you are using the latest Bird Buddy app version, which is currently 2.1.6. If not updated, please head over to your respective app store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store) and update the Bird Buddy app.
2. Latest Firmware;
- To check if you have the latest firmware navigate to your feeder settings
- Check for any available updates. If there is an update, download and install it to ensure that your Bird Buddy camera is equipped with the latest features and improvements.
Make sure your iPhone's Silent Mode isn't blocking the sound in your app. The Silent Mode on your iPhone, when enabled, is designed to silence all alerts and sound effects on your device. This setting can sometimes also silence the audio in certain apps, even if the in-app audio settings are enabled.
How to Toggle Audio Recording On or Off
For the comfort and privacy of users, we have introduced an option within the app to toggle the audio recording feature on or off. By default, audio recording is turned on.
To change the audio recording settings:
1. Go to the main Settings section of the Bird Buddy app and enter Feeder settings by clicking on your feeder's name
2. Switch the toggle on or off based on your preference.