If you're relocating your Bird Buddy or you want to connect it to a new network, you will have to go through Bluetooth pairing and Wi-Fi provisioning again. No worries, though: this will not delete any of your photos or already collected birds from your Collections (that would only happen if you deleted your account, which is stored safely in the cloud when you unpair your phone and module).
For now, you have to complete the following steps to change the network:
- Simply open the Settings () section of the app and open your Feeder Settings by clicking on its name on top of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the “Remove feeder” option and confirm your decision on the pop-up (or click “No thanks” if you’ve changed your mind)
- Once you're done, the app will instruct you to do the following:
- Open your mobile device settings and manually remove Bird Buddy from your list of connected Bluetooth devices.
→ Tips for Android users
→ Tips for iOS users
- Restore the device to factory settings.
- Once you've completed those two steps, go back to the app and click "All done".
- Your module is now ready to connect to a new Wi-Fi network. Simply open the Settings () section of the app and click the "Add Bird Buddy" button to initiate the process of connecting your Bird Buddy to a network.