The Bluetooth pairing process is done through the app. If you receive an error message during Bluetooth pairing, this can happen because the module is either not found at all or the pairing process was interrupted because it took the camera module too long to connect.
Always make sure that:
- You enabled Bluetooth and gave permission for the app to use it (iOS and Android)
- Location services are enabled(Android only): make 100% sure that you enable the services and that you switch them on manually as well: do so directly from your phone’s toolbar before you go on.
- The device is unplugged and near the module
The following steps can also help you in both of these situations if the above isn't the issue. It's important to execute them in this order:
- Remove the camera module from the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone (first, check if it has already appeared there (it would be listed as "BUDDY"); in case it's not listed there yet, you can skip this step.)
→ Tips for Android users
→ Tips for iOS users
- Turn the module OFF for at least 10 seconds
→Press the button for 2 seconds to turn off the module (until you see a solid red light, after that you can release the button)
- Reopen the app and start from the beginning. Turn the device back ON when prompted by the flow.
→Turn the module back on by pressing the button on the module for 1 sec. In a few moments, you should see a faint blue LED light, which indicates your module is ready to pair. (Enclose the area above the button with your hand so you can see the light better)
If this doesn't work after a few tries, we suggest you follow this procedure:
- Remove the camera module from the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone (first, check if it has already appeared there as BUDDY; in case it's not listed there yet, you can skip this step.)
→ Tips for Android users→ Tips for iOS users
- Perform a factory reset by pressing and holding the button on your device. You’ll first see a solid red light, which will then start blinking. Keep holding the button until you see a solid red light again. When you do, release the button. Please note that if you keep holding the button after the solid red light appears, the factory reset may fail. You can also take a look at our video instructions on how to perform a factory reset here.
- Delete the app and install it again from your app store. Please note that it's not enough to delete the app from your desktop, you have to completely delete it from your account to clear the cache as well.
→ Tips for Android users → Tips for iOS users
- Restart your phone.
- Go into a semi-dark room (or enclose the area above the button with your hand), and wait for the blinking blue LED light to turn on. If you see the blue light, reopen the app and start from the beginning. If you see an orange light instead of a blue one, please submit a ticket to our support team.
PLEASE NOTE: If the module is in charging mode (plugged in) that can potentially result in failed pairing. So the module should be disconnected from charging while pairing at all times (but it's still important to make sure it has enough battery before you initiate the pairing process).